Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
In doctrine we are a conservative evangelical organization. In practice, we expect to experience our doctrine by the active presence of the Holy Spirit in our lives.
- In the eternally existing Triune God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- In the Bible as the fully inspired Word of God, the only infallible rule for faith and practice.
- In God the Father who concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of man.
- In Jesus Christ, God's only begotten Son -- in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, teachings, His atoning death, resurrection, ascension into heaven, and promise of His return to earth.
- In the Holy Spirit and His present ministry of rebirth and renewal as well as the working of spiritual gifts.
- That all people are sinners and yet made in the image of God. Only repentance and faith in Christ can restore us into fellowship with God.
- In the Church world-wide, the living spiritual body, of which Christ is the Head and all regenerated persons, are members.
- In the Ordinance of Water Baptism and Communion.
- In the personal, visible return of Christ to earth and the consummation of His kingdom.
- In what is termed "The Apostles' Creed" as embodying the fundamental facts of Christian faith. We endorse the historic orthodox creeds of the church.
We fulfill our purpose through these seven priorities:
Worship: We desire worship that touches God's heart in a style that is intimate, dynamic, and culturally current.
Word: We want to study, teach and obey the Bible.
Prayer: We are committed to the fact that we can be agents of change through prayer.
Fellowship: We seek to develop real friendships built on Christ's love.
Ministry: We believe that all Christians are called to minister God's mercy to the lost, the sick, and the poor.
Training: We aim to provide training for all aspects of responsible Christian life and ministry.
Evangelism: We seek to prepare individuals and impact them to be missionaries who reach the lost with the Good News of Christ.
Everyone has values. Values control the way we live. Our values influence the way we approach our purpose and priorities. We embrace the values that Jesus emphasized as important in our approach to true spiritual life.
In our relationship with God we value: The mercy of God • The truth of God • Intimacy with God • God's rulership and spiritual leading in our lives • Brokenness (spiritual humility) • Spiritual passion (wholehearted commitment)
In our relationships with each other: Integrity and authenticity • Faithfulness and reliability • Christianity as a lifestyle • Care and quality in ministry • Servant leadership • Christian unity • Non-controlling relationships
In our relationship with the community: Healing to the whole person • Friendship outreach • Bridge-building to other evangelical organizations and churches • Cultural awareness • Helping the poor • Community involvement
Maxwell Ministries is committed:
To Glorify God:
This is our highest motivation and all-encompassing purpose. We do not glorify man, organization, or government, but God, and we evaluate what we do by this standard.
We believe that mankind is lost and needs to be redeemed through Christ Jesus, whom we proclaim as Savior. This distinguishes us from humanitarian agencies.
Our major concern is for unevangelized people groups. We are also concerned for individuals and communities who need a cross-cultural witness if they are to understand the gospel.
Minister to human need:
We see ministering to human need as scripturally valid. We do this in the context of our central purpose.
This involves teaching the Word of God, developing the gifts of the body, bringing believers to maturity in Christ.
Equip churches to fulfill Christ's Commission:
This involves providing skills and leadership training which will enable the churches to be bases for missions. The end result we seek is the local church reaching out to others who are unevangelized.